Milpitas, CA, March 30, 2007 – LifeScan, Inc., maker of OneTouch® Brand Blood Glucose Monitoring Systems, is offering customers that own one of several models of OneTouch Brand Systems a no-charge meter upgrade to one of the company's latest, most innovative meters.(1)
LifeScan is committed to providing its customers with the latest technology to make blood glucose testing as easy and convenient as possible. To that end, LifeScan is offering owners of qualifying OneTouch® Meters a choice from its three newest meters, each offering important benefits:
* OneTouch® UltraMini(TM) provides testing made small and simple;
* OneTouch® Ultra®2 helps patients see how food affects their blood glucose; and
* OneTouch® UltraSmart® is a meter and electronic logbook in one.
In addition, all three of these meters require only a tiny speck of blood (1 microliter) for accurate results in 5 seconds, and offer the ability to test on the forearm or palm, which some patients find less painful than conventional fingertip testing.(2)
Each of these OneTouch Meter starter kits comes complete with everything needed for testing, including the meter and a beginning supply of test strips. The upgrade meters also include Simple Start(TM) educational materials, which provide practical tips to help patients manage their diabetes effectively around meals and, in the case of the OneTouch UltraSmart Meter, how to manage diabetes when taking insulin.
To take advantage of this limited time offer, patients can either visit www.OneTouchUpgrade.com or call LifeScan Customer Service at 1-800-218-3168.
Owners of the following OneTouch Meters are eligible for this upgrade program: OneTouch® Ultra®, OneTouch® Basic®, OneTouch® SureStep®, OneTouch® Profile®, OneTouch® FastTake®, OneTouch® II, and OneTouch® InDuo®.(3) This offer applies to those meters purchased before January 1, 2006. The offer is good for U.S. residents while supplies last, and is limited to one meter per customer.
* * *
LifeScan, Inc., a Johnson & Johnson company and a leading maker of blood glucose monitoring products, is dedicated to creating a world without limits for people with diabetes. For healthcare professional resources, and information on diabetes care and LifeScan products and services, visit www.LifeScan.com.
(1) Offer applies to specific OneTouch Meters purchased before January 1, 2006.
(2) Before patients begin testing on their palm or forearm, they should read the Owner's Booklet and talk to their healthcare professional.
(3) Excludes current users of the OneTouch® UltraSmart®, OneTouch® Ultra®2 and OneTouch® UltraMini(TM) Meters.